Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
Learning outcomes include: Having a firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved. Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling). Having the confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers.
The course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to food safety
- The law
- Food safety hazards
- Temperature controls
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of foods
- Cooking, hot holding and re-heating of foods
- Food handlers
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment