Safeguarding Nottingham. We specialize in protecting people’s health, well-being, and human rights. Our focus will enable them to live free from harm, abuse, and neglect. It is very necessary to obtain this to have high-quality health and social care. Vernon community college is committed to providing a secure atmosphere for all of our learners to relish as well as children and vulnerable adults.
Prevention and Promotion
- Robust employees recruitment
- Policies and procedures that support safeguarding and thus the promotion of fundamental British Values.
- Close operating relationships with many partners that share a standard purpose relating to safeguarding.
- employee awareness–how to promote the welfare and security of young people and vulnerable adults
- Implementation of the College’s prevent Strategy. staff can recognize their roles and responsibilities in preventing violent extremism, supporting those who may be in danger of radicalization
- Implementation of the E-Safety Policy Actively promoting equality, inclusiveness, and diversity
Protection and Support
- The College will identify young people and adults who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm, including those at risk of radicalisation. The College will ensure all staff understand their role in identifying those at risk. Definition of abuse and signs of abuse can be found in the Safeguarding Policy.
- The College carries out risk assessments of students who declare a prior criminal conviction as outlined in the Criminal Conviction Policy.
- Where a young person or vulnerable adult is suffering significant harm, immediate action will be taken in accordance with the Children Act 1989 The Children Act 1989; and the statutory guidance within the DfE Working Together to Safeguard Children DfE Working Together to Safeguard Children.
- Action will also be taken to promote the welfare of students where it is recognised that additional support is needed, even if the student is not at immediate risk of harm.
- The College carries out full DBS checks on all employees and agency staff. It ensures contractors working with College are DBS checked and also, ensures apprentices working within healthcare, childcare, education professions are DBS checked.
For more information please click here to contact us http://www.vernoncc.co.uk/contact/