The Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace is aimed at all employees. It is intended for learners already in workplaces and those who are preparing to start or return to work. It is also very useful for young persons to raise their ability to identify and understand hazards when preparing for work experience and into employment. Persons gaining this qualification will know that health and safety is the responsibility of everyone within a business, its contractors, visitors and suppliers. Its subject areas are regarded by the Health and Safety Executive as being important to maintaining safe working procedures in the workplace.
This generic qualification is designed to ensure that all employees in the public or private sector are aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public. It is aimed at every employment sector in the U.K. to meet the National Standards of knowledge expected of every employee.
Health and safety law
– Prevention of accidents and ill health
– Risk assessment
– Electricity safety
– Fire prevention
– Hazardous chemicals
– Workplace design and workplace equipment
– Manual handling
– Personal protective equipment
– Transport and vehicles in the workplace
– Noise and vibration
– Working at heights
– Environmental awareness and sustainability
– There are no prerequisites for this qualification.
– It is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent. In receipt of JSA or ESA (WRAG)
What Will I Achieve?
This qualification is made up of one mandatory unit, the details of which are included at the end of this document. Learners must successfully complete the assessment for the unit to achieve the qualification. This qualification can be taken as a free standing qualification or as part of a wider programme of training.