To enrol for a course starting in Spring 2017:

We have many courses starting over the next few weeks. To enrol you will need to come in Vernon Community College to have an assessment (for some courses). You can also phone us on 0115 9414967 or email enquiries@vernoncc.org

Part-time courses for adults

Study a few hours a week to improve your skills and career prospects.

Apprenticeship Training

Employers – you can start your staff on apprenticeship training programmes in a wide range of job roles in spring/summer 2017.

Further details

You may need to come in on more than one occasion to complete your enrolment. Depending on your course, you may need to:
– complete an initial assessment (not a test – no pass or fail)
– make an appointment for an interview with a subject specialistTo complete your enrolment, you will also need to bring
  • Proof of identification (for example, passport, driving licence, birth certificate, or recently dated Home Office documents)

Fee concessions

You may be entitled to a concessionary fee if you are unemployed or in receipt of any of the following benefits
  • Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Child’s Tax Credit (not Working Tax)
  • Carer’s Allowance
  • Housing or Council Tax Benefit
  • Child Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Disability Allowance
Please bring documents dated in the last 3 months to support this. We cannot accept UB40 signing on book as proof of evidence for JSA. If any further documents are required we will ask you about this during the enrolment process.
What happens if I do not have all documents with me?
We can still discuss your course options with you, and if you are suitable for a place on a course, make you a conditional offer. Your place is not confirmed, however, until you have completed enrolment, so to avoid disappointment please return as soon as possible with the documents required.
Why do I need to bring these documents?
Please note we are required to view and record documentation by funding and government bodies.